Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Hollow

Hello everyone! The days are passing so fast! I'd like to say we've been really busy at the Kirsch household, because that is what it feels like, but the days go by so fast, busy or not. We've had nice weather here lately. We were so sick of rain in December and it has finally cleared up a bit. Today was so nice! Almost 70 and sunny! I went for a run with Logan and Toulie around base while Sean was at work.
On Sunday we ventured out to Happy Hollow Park in San Jose for the first time. I had heard about it before but Logan had been too young to go. They have zoo type animals and some amusement rides. Logan went on the carrousel and the dragon ride (a little train). The train drove by all kinds of random scenes, like the three little pigs, rapunzel, the wizard of Oz, and other random animals. Logan squealed with delight while passing all of them.
He also had the time of his life feeding the goats. He loved them, and kept calling them "bowww," I think he thought they were dogs. They had a big area where you could pet animals and he loved doing it. There are a few other rides to go on but he is too young still. It was a nice afternoon and I'm glad we went. I think he will really like it in the future.
This past weekend we also took out our trailer just behind the house to play around in it. We are itching to use it, so hopefully we can do that soon. We brought it in to get a few things repaired, the radio stopped working and there was a bubble in the linoleum, amongst a few other minor things. If we get it back before this weekend we might try to head out somewhere.
I have a job interview on Thursday for a family assistance position for the Army National Guard. I'm not sure if it is the right job for me, but I at least have to give it a shot and go to the interview and find out about it. I just started on my master's thesis so I don't know if I can handle a crazy 14 month old, a full time job, and a master's thesis at the same time......it makes me nauseous thinking about it.
Anyway, I hope this finds you all well. We are finally all healthy and excited for what the new year will bring us. Enjoy some pictures of the cutest kid that is growing way, way too fast.




1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! Oh, what fun! Happy times for you all; I know you'll enjoy every minute.
    Love, Mom
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete