Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Home from the Babymoon!!

Hello Everyone!
Hope everyone is having a fabulous week. Sean and I are back from Oregon with awesome pictures to show! So to make it short, we left Wed morning and headed straight to Crater Lake. It was beautiful! The water is ridiculously clear and bright blue. However we couldn't stay long there and had to head to Lake Odell where we were staying our first night in a lodge. Here is the lodge. The next day we headed for Portland and got there in a few hours. We went straight for the Columbia River Gorge and saw Multnomah Falls and hiked to the top of them. They were beautiful! Then we went to the city and visited Powell's Book store, which is one of the largest book stores ever! We had lunch at a nice Brewery, and walked around the town a bit. We didn't really know where much was, so we didn't see much. The next day we drove to the coast. We visited the Tillamook Cheese factory, had some delicious ice cream, and bought some yummy cheese! Then we drove down the coast and took in all the sites, including lighthouses, my favorite! We stayed in Lincoln City the first night in a great hotel with an ocean view. We spent our last day on the coast too, finally ending up in Medford. Here are some highlights:
All in all we had a really nice time and put a ton of miles on my car. Oregon is really a beautiful place everywhere you turn. No matter what road we were going down, there were always green mountains surrounding us.
Now that we are back, or I should say that I am back (Sean has left on yet another trip) life seems pretty hectic. My friend Allison is coming to visit me tomorrow and staying until Saturday, I still need to finish my paper, school starts next week, and we still need to get everything for the baby. I finally picked out a glider for the nursery (thanks Lynda and Bob!) and just picked up our crib last night. Will have some photos of it when we get it put together. Anyway, that is all for now, I'm sure when Sean gets back he will post some musings of the trip as well. Have a great week everyone!! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! I absolutley LOVE the pic of you w/ the lighthouse in the background! You look so beautiful! Little mommy :)

    ReplyDelete