Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baby girl update

Hello! Here is a profile pic of our baby girl at 31 weeks (sorry about the annoying flash). As I mentioned, I had to have a growth ultrasound last week to see how big she was. The ultrasound went great, she is in the 34th percentile, so, a little bit small, but they only start to worry when they are 10th percentile or less. So, she is doing great!
On another note, she is transverse (laying sideways in there), and has been for several weeks now. It makes me nervous because if she doesn't flip over, a c-section could be in our horizon. I was thinking about trying to have her with no meds this time around, and now I'm just hoping that I can deliver her myself. With the abnormalities of my uterus, it is not safe to do a version (turn the baby by hand). If you are unaware of my abnormality, I have a bicornuate uterus, it is heart shaped. So right now, her head is up in one lobe, her butt is down at the bottom, and her feet are in the other lobe, a very precarious position! Her positioning has been causing a lot of discomfort during the last few weeks of my pregnancy. In the end, just having a healthy baby is what matters, so it is a waiting game right now to see if she can flip herself head down. We still have time.
Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. We are sure going to miss not spending the time with family and friends this year. However, we are pretty excited for Logan this year as he has more of a grip on what's going on. I'm sure we will post some awesome present opening pics!
Hugs and Kisses,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment