Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 2

Hey everyone,

Well we just went and picked up Logan from the nursery a couple minutes ago and now he is in his practical learning class of how to breast feed.... lucky guy. Haha
Last night we hung out in the room and rested with Logan. Despite my best efforts to name him Puck Kirsch we decided on Logan Alexander Kirsch. Just kidding about Puck, but I did like it....
Katie got about 6hrs of sleep last night, which is 6 more hours than the last 2 days combined so she feels like a brand new momma right now. I got my first two diaper changes in yesterday too. Woohoo. At least they dont stink yet. Give it a couple more days and I am sure that dark brown pudding will have an entirely new aroma to it.
Logan also got his first 2 immunizations yesterday too. Boy, what traumatic day for him.

Today they are going to do an ultrasound on one of his testes since it hasnt dropped yet, but from what it sounds like it can be pretty common and will usually drop within a couple days or weeks. Will keep everyone posted on that.

Some of the boys and fams might stop by over lunch or shortly after work today. Its drill weekend so everyone but me are working. Yeah, Logan started it out right by taking care of daddy. I have the next 2 weeks off for paternity leave so looking forward to catching up around the house and helping out where I can.

Katie's mother, Kathy, is coming out on Monday to help out too. That will be a welcome relief for us since I dont have a clue what I am doing or need to do. I am hoping they have a good grasp on it and just order me around. I promise to try and listen....

So word according to Katie just now, is that Logan is just like his old man and hates his ears being played with. haha, that is so much like me :)

Ok, more later..


1 comment:

  1. He's probably thinking..."How am I ever going to fill those shoes? My daddy rocks!!!!"

    ReplyDelete