Friday, November 13, 2009

Logan's first week






Hello all,

Well one week ago, Kt and I were just getting settled into parenthood at El Camino Hospital. Its been an incredible week for the two of us and one we will cherish.
For myself, one of the highlights of my day is spending time watching Logan wake up. He's sooo dramatic in his facial expressions and the way he moves his arms. It makes me laugh every time I see him try to cover his eyes and tuck his his arms and legs into my warm body as he gets uncovered from his cozy blankets. Eventually a big yawn works its way out as he stretches his little arms over his head. He's all about snuggling too. The minute you pick him up he rolls into you trying to curl his scrawny, lanky legs underneath himself. Also, when I burp him he likes to get his head right underneath my chin and try to lift his head up to see me. Eventually he just rests his head right underneath my collarbone.
His little body blows me away too. I can cradle his whole butt in my one hand when I hold him, and when he lays down his whole body will fit on my forearm and hand.
So, needless to say I can't wait to spend all day with him this week. After that I go back to work, but luckily it should be a short week since its Thanksgiving week.

Katie is doing well too. She's already getting anxious to get back in the climbing gym and start working out again. The weather is changing and the temps are now in the high 50's and low 60"s so its perfect to get a workout in in the afternoon and you don't have to wake up early since it doesn't really get too hot anymore.

In other news, Toulie is doing better too. She is getting better everyday and is slowly becoming her rambunctious self again. Before long she will be back to bugging Katie and I all day long to play Frisbee and ball. As for now though, she is still trying to adapt with Logan in the house and her not being the center of attention anymore. She's coping pretty well though and is extremely curious of him. I think they will be best buds as soon as Logan learns how to share his food from a high chair.

We have also sincerely enjoyed skyping with our families and friends this week too. It makes living away that much easier. I know it's definitely not the same as seeing or holding him in person, but watching him wiggle is always an excellent source of our new entertainment.

Anyway, here are some pics. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooooo glad you guys are taking time to just stare at him. Thanks for the updates Sean. He is just too adorable! KT you don't even look like you had a baby!!!! Must be one of those CA superstar programs. Hehehe Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete